Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Fresh Hops Are Coming! Fresh Hops Are HERE!

Hops, Wonderful Hops!
Fresh hop season is upon us! I know because I have a whole bunch of beautiful homegrown hops to harvest this weekend. I've got Cascade, Willamette and Zeus Hops, all looking pretty spectacular.  Of course, looks don't mean much if you can't brew worth a crap. Urp, sorry, but I'm going to try my best.

Gratefully, folks won't have to rely on my brewing skills in order to partake of some tasty, fresh hop beers. Soon, we'll have fresh hop festivals galore to attend. (I must say, I'm a little worried about the Hood River Hops Fest. It's always one of my favorites. What with the fires in the Gorge and the closing of I-84, I imagine there will be an impact.)

Fresh hop beers will be on tap in breweries across the city very soon. There are also a few Portland breweries with fresh hop beers ALREADY on tap. I made a few phone calls so you don't have to! You're welcome! Just raise a pint to me when you're passing this delicious stuff through your lips and over your quivering taste buds.


  • Double Mountain Brewery and Taproom
    • Killer Green IPA
    • Killer Red IPA
    • (Fresh Hop Lion IPA coming soon!)
  • Labrewatory
    • So Fresh, So Clean IPA
  • Ex Novo Brewing Company
    • Fresh Hop Eliot IPA w/ Simcoe
    • Fresh Hop Eliot IPA w/ Amarillo
  • Laurelwood Brewing Company
    • Fresh Hop Free Range Red
    • Lowerwood Fresh Hop Pale Ale (collab w/ Lowercase Brewing)
  • Alameda Brewing Co
    • Solar Cone Pale Ale
  • Baerlic Brewing Co
    • Fresh Hop Hellsner Helles Lager
    • Fresh Hop Early Bird Pale Ale
    • Fresh Hop Pioneer ESB
  • Montavilla Brew Works
    • Tangled Up In Hops IPA
    • Pocket Full of Goschies Red Ale
  • McMenamins
    • Ben's Fresh Hop Ale

Enjoy! I'll update this list as I receive more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment