Sunday, November 20, 2016

GoodLife Brewing Company - Comatose Imperial IPA

You snooze, you booze.
Yeah, sorry about the caption on the photo over there. (groan) I was drawing a blank for about thirty minutes and finally decided that I needed to type something--anything--or this blog post was never going to happen. Man, I don't know what's wrong with me lately. You'd think I got some really, really, really bad news this month. It's like I'm in a coma or something...sigh.

Well, the world might be going to hell in the proverbial handbasket, but at least I'm still surrounded by lots of tasty, tasty beer. Today's tasty beer is from Bend, Oregon's GoodLife Brewing Company. Comatose Imperial IPA comes with an ABV of 8.5% and I got mine in a 500ml bottle at New Seasons for $4.99. 95 IBU's according to the label.

The beer poured into my glass a slightly hazy, golden orange color with a creamy, clumpy white head. The head dissipated slowly. A full, thin cap of suds was left behind with thick webs of lacing all over the glass.

Aroma was juicy fruit galore. Tropical fruit scents of melon, guava, and pineapple. Luscious citrus: tangerine and Mandarin orange. Hints of pine. Floral notes.

Taste followed the nose. This is a big flavored beer. Some spicy, herbal notes mixed in with the citrus and tropical fruit. Sweet caramel malt up against some well-rounded hops bitterness. Nice!

Medium mouthfeel with a bit of a chew to it. The finish was just a bit hot. The 8.5% ABV was apparent but not overbearing. No doubt that this is an Imperial IPA.

Overall, this is one heck of a delicious beer. I can't find any fault with it. I get a lot of grief from my friends about my generous ratings, but I'm giving Comatose a BeerGuyPDX rating of 4 crushed cans out of 4. All that really means if that I would buy this beer again without hesitation. I'm also giving it a Droolie. Merry the Wonder Beagle's nose perked up the instant the cap came off the bottle of this one. Trust me, her nose knows.


No comments:

Post a Comment