Wednesday, October 28, 2015

McMenamins Breweries - Black Widow Porter 2015

Hi-dee, Spidee!
It's baaaaack! There are some seasonal beers that I can solidly get behind--mostly those do not contain mass quantities of the big, orange gourd. I know, I know, don't get all up in my grill about pumpkin beers. Some people love them. I don't. Yes, there are some pumpkin brews that I like, but not many. Gratefully, McMenamins has me covered with their NOT pumpkin Halloween beer: Black Widow Porter.

I look forward to the limited release of Black Widow Porter every year. It's only around for a short period of time--October 15th through Halloween. You'll need to get yourself to a McMenamins location ASAP to try it. Go now! Right now!

Here's a description of the brew at McMenamins website. They've been brewing this tasty, robust porter for 24 years! That's quite a legacy, right there. 

If you don't have any plans for Halloween, I recommend you get your spooky crew over to McMenamins Kennedy School at 5736 NE 33rd Avenue, Portland. That's right here in my neighborhood and it's a great place to show off your costume creativity--and drink a refreshing, cold beverage or two. I'll be there! This year, I'm dressing up a heavy-set, bearded guy drinking a beer. Genius, right? See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment