Sunday, June 14, 2015

Fort George Brewery (Collab w/ pFreim and Georgetown) 3-Way IPA 2015

3-Way or the highway?
Fort George Brewery has put together yet another brew à trois! You go, Fort George! Keep those collabs coming! Honestly, there have been lots of other collaborations put into cold cases from some other brewers that have fallen far short of my expectations. (I'm looking at you, Stone...and New Belgium.)

Fort George has never let me down. The 2013 and 2014 3-Ways kicked some major butt, so I had big expectations for 2015. Well, the anxiously anticipated 2015 3-Way IPA is now readily available in 16 oz cans all over PDX! Yay! I picked one up at New Seasons this weekend. I bought a single, but I've seen 4 packs around town for about ten bucks.

This year, the other two collaborators are pFriem Family Brewers out of Hood River and Georgetown Brewing Company from Seattle. How did they do? Is the 2015 3-Way a dream...or a dud?

The beer poured into my nonic pint a clear, golden orange color with a bright, white head. The head dissipated quickly and demonstrated moderate retention. Thin, spotty lacing was left behind.

Aroma was mild pine and a bouquet of citrus hops. Orange and tangerine. Tropical fruit and floral notes in the background.

Taste was all tangerine and tropical fruit up front. Mango and a hint of pineapple. A bit of an herbal, spicy edge. Clean, pleasantly earthy malt flavor.

Medium mouthfeel and good carbonation. Semi-dry finish with mild hops bitterness left rolling around on the palate at the end. Nice!

Overall, this is a solid IPA. Loads of flavor that just keeps on giving sip after sip. Yeah, this collab has a 3-0 win record. Wish I had purchased that 4 pack! I'm giving 2105 3-Way IPA a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 1/2 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment