|Let's get this party started right!|
First and foremost, it's PDX Beer Week from June 11th through the 21st. (Yeah, that's actually more than a week, but I'm not complaining.) Special beer events will be happening all over town: pub crawls, mini-festivals, price-break deals, tap takeovers, food and beer pairings--heck, there's something for everybody!
Check out the PDX Beer Week calendar of events HERE.
In addition to PDX Beer Week, there's a ton of other events going on in Portland and surrounding cities. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Sasquatch Brew Fest - 12PM, Saturday, June 6 at Hop Valley Tasting Room and Brewery, 990 W 1st Avenue, Eugene, OR - Tickets at the gate are $10 and include a commemorative glass and 2 taster tickets. Additional taster tickets are $1.
- Portland Beer Week & Fruit Beer Fest Kickoff Party & Pig Roast - 6PM to 9PM, Thursday, June 11 at EastBurn Eat Drink Play, 1800 East Burnside Street, Portland - There will be no cover for the party but EastBurn will be roasting a whole pig and you can get a plate and a pint for only $10 with access to some of the homebrew contests best entries.
- Rye Beer Fest - 4PM, Friday, June 12 to 12AM, Saturday, June 13 at EastBurn Eat Drink Play, 1800 East Burnside Street, Portland - $10 admission fee includes a commemorative Rye Beer Fest pint glass and eight beer tickets. Additional tickets will be available for purchase for $1 each. One ticket for a 4 oz sample; four tickets get you a full pint.
- Portland Fruit Beer Festival - 4PM, Friday, June 12 to 6PM, Sunday, June 14 at 701 E Burnside, Portland - $20 admission get 12 taster tickets and a glass.
- PDX Bottle Share - 7PM, Tuesday, June 16 at Reverend Nat's Cider Tasting Room, 1813 NE 2nd Avenue, Portland - FREE admission! Just bring a bomber of craft cider or beer to share!
- Kennedy School Cider Dinner - 7PM, Thursday, June 18 at McMenamins Kennedy School, 5736 NE 33rd Avenue, Portland - In honor of Oregon Cider Week, Kennedy School Executive Chef Chris Lawrence has created a sumptuous menu, which will be paired with Edgefield ciders-apple, cherry and pomegranate-as well as Bordelet Sydre from France. $75 per person. Also, for just $5 a glass, McMenamins offers their Edgefield Cider in original apple and seasonal cherry at all locations in Oregon.
- Oregon Garden Brewfest - 12PM, Friday, June 19 through 5PM, Sunday, June 21 at The Oregon Garden, 879 W Main Street, Silverton, OR - Single day admission is $15 and includes glass and 5 taster tickets. Click HERE for more info and list of participating breweries.
- Culmination Brewing Grand Opening - 4PM to 10PM, Friday, June 19 and 11AM to 10PM, Saturday, June 20 at Culmination Brewing Company, 2117 NE Oregon Avenue, Portland - 10 beers on tap, food and brewery tours.
- Sour Solstice Berliner Weisse and Gose Festival - All Day Saturday, June 20 and Sunday, June 21 at Imperial Bottle Shop & Taproom, 3090 SE Division Street, Portland - $15 advance tickets include entry, commemorative glass, and 5 drink tickets. Tickets at the door will be $20. Pours will be a 6 oz and additional drink tickets will cost $2.
- Portland International Beer Fest - 12PM, Friday, June 26 through 7PM, Sunday, June 28 at Holladay Park at Lloyd Center, Portland - $20 advance or $25 at gate gets you 10 taster tickets and a glass.
Whew! That's a lot of stuff going on! I'm pretty sure I forgot something, but this should get you started on your June to-do list. Cheers!