Friday, November 14, 2014

No-Li Brewhouse - Jet Star Imperial IPA

Good? You bet you sweet Schwarzkopf!
Man, I guess I won't be needing that flu shot I was set to get next week. This rotten bug has me laid out. I'm calling it "The Devil's Most Heinous Influenza from Hell". Chills, body aches, sinus congestion, hacking cough, intestinal distress...yay, I'm looking forward to an awesome weekend. This is gonna suck! Hey, at least I have a fridge full of tasty, tasty beer.

Wait, I can't smell the beer! I can't taste the beer! Everything smells like Vicks Vap-O-Rub and tastes like boogers! Oh, the humanity! This is REALLY gonna suck!

Nevertheless, my work must go on. Thus, I'm drinking a Jet Star Imperial IPA from Spokane's No-Li Brewhouse. It's probably not fair to review a beer in my current condition, but I'm giving it my best shot.

The beer poured into my IPA glass slightly hazy, golden orange color with a foamy, white head. The head rose up to more than an inch and dissipated slowly, Copious sheets of lacing were left behind all over the glass. What a good looking beer!

Aroma was citrus and mild pine with a HUGE dose of tropical fruit. Mango, pineapple, guava. Wow, even with my partially disabled sniffer, this brew delivers some wonderful smells.

Taste followed the nose. Orange, tangerine and tropical fruit. Sweet malt in the background. Nice bitter bite at the end balanced the initial sweetness. No hint of alcohol taste in this 8.1% beer.

Medium mouthfeel with appropriate carbonation. Earthy malt lingers on the finish. Nice!

Overall, this is a dang decent IPA. It had enough pizzazz to make an impact on my debilitated senses. I'm giving Jet Star a respectable BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4, AND a Droolie. Merry the Wonder Beagle loved the smell of this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment