Thursday, October 23, 2014

Block 15 Brewing Company - Wandelpad Ale

On the road to tasty?
Yay, it's Thursday! What's so great about Thursday? Well, it's not Wednesday. It's far from Monday. It's the day before Friday. Thursday is named after the Norse god of thunder, Thor. Thor is pretty cool. He's got that ker-smashing hammer and everything. Yeah, I like Thursday.

I often find myself beer shopping on Thursdays. I don't really know why. I just like to get ready for the weekend early, I guess. I got off the bus a few stops early and wandered into the neighborhood bottle shop. I loaded up on several bottles, a couple from breweries located in Corvallis, Oregon. The one I'm drinking this evening is Wandelpad Ale brewed by Block 15 Brewing Company. It's a Belgian-inspired ale, brewed with pale and pilsner malt, sugar and Trappist yeast. ABV is 6%.

The beer poured into my glass a clear golden copper color with a bubbly, white head. The head rose up to about a finger thick and dissipated quickly. A thin, spotty cap of lacing with some residual webs left behind on the glass.

Aroma was bready Belgian yeast with a little bit of farmhouse funk. Herbal, grassy notes. Apple. Pear.

Taste was light, lemony citrus up front. Herbal, peppery. Grass and hay. Tart apple. Light but pleasantly complex at the same time.

Thin to medium mouthfeel. Dry finish. Nice hops flavor left behind at the end. Very drinkable and quite refreshing.

Overall, this is a very nice beer. I had one with dinner and it paired quite well with the hearty beef stew my wife served up. I think it would work with just about anything. Good stuff. I'm giving Wandelpad a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4. I think Thor would approve. KER-SMASH!


No comments:

Post a Comment