Monday, April 14, 2014

Base Camp Brewing Company - Lost Meridian Wit

Can I get a Wit-ness?
The weather has taken a wonderfully warm and sunny turn here in Portland, Oregon. Time for a craft beer change-up! Now is the time for something light and refreshing! Bring on the ciders, shandies and wits!

Tonight, I'm drinking a Lost Meridian Wit from Base Camp Brewing. I picked up an aluminum bomber at the co-op on the way home. Yes, the co-op. The price was $4.99 for the 22 oz. bottle. "Soak in a mountain river. Chill in the snow. Cool off in a lake. Refrigerate if you have to" proclaims the label. The folks at Base Camp are dedicated to providing packable potables for outdoor adventurers, that's for sure.

The beer poured into my pilsner glass a hazy, golden yellow color. Actually, I filled TWO glasses because one of the only beers my wife will drink is a wit. The white, bubbly head rose up to about a finger tall and dissipated quickly. A thin cap of spotty lacing was left behind.

Aroma was light, bready yeast and malt. Lemony citrus. Light smell of coriander in the background with some floral notes.

Taste followed the nose. Flavors of lemon and grapefruit rind. A nice, mildly bitter hops taste was left behind on the palate at the end.

Medium to thin mouthfeel with lots of carbonation. No alcohol taste to this refreshing 5.0% ABV brew.

Overall, this is a tasty, easy drinker. It provided absolutely no interest for the Wonder Beagle's nose, however. I like it, and what's more, my wife found it acceptable, which says a lot. I'm giving Lost Meridian Wit a respectable BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4. Good stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment