Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Worthy Brewing Company - Farm Out Saison

Starting Thanksgiving early.
Yeah, yeah, I know, I ain't got no self-control. I bought three special bombers of beer to go with the Thanksgiving feast tomorrow, and now, I'm down to two. I just can't help myself. My Turkey Day dinner guests are just going to have to make two bottles go a long, long way. Sorry. Hell, we have a ton of wine...

The bomber I cracked open early was Worthy Brewing Company's Farm Out Saison. It's a Belgian Style Ale, according to the label. It comes with an ABV of 7.3% and 25 IBU's.

The beer poured into my tulip snifter a hazy, golden yellow color with a peach/apricot hue. The bubbly white head came up to just about a 1/2 inch tall and dissipated quickly. A minimal ring of lacing was left behind.

Aroma was lemony citrus and ripe stone fruit. Some tropical fruit notes, too. Bready, yeasty malt smell in the background.

Taste was predominantly stone and tropical fruit with a lemony overlay. Mild bitter hops. Belgian spiciness. Biscuity malt.

Medium mouthfeel with lively carbonation. Dry finish with a pleasant bitter aftertaste. Malt and spicy Belgian yeast flavor left on the palate at the end. No detectable alcohol.

This a is darn good Saison! I really like it a lot! I'm giving Farm Out a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 1/2 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment