Monday, October 28, 2013

The Bruery - Mischief

Best head ever!
Man, every once in a while I run across a beer that I fall in love with. The Bruery's Mischief is just such a beer. It comes with an ABV of 8.5%. It's a Belgian-style golden ale. I'm going to just jump right into the review.

The beer poured into my chalice a hazy, golden yellow color. The head. Wow! The head rose up to more than two fingers thick. It was creamy white and puffed up far above the rim of the glass. Creamy, clumpy, lumpy pillows of beautiful foam. The head dissipated slowly and came puffing back up whenever I refreshed the glass. Seriously, this was one of the most fabulous heads I've ever seen on a beer.

Aroma was lemony citrus, apples and bready, Belgian yeast. Mild spice in the background. Coriander and clove.

Taste was tart apple and pear. Lemon and sweet malt. Lots of Belgian-style yeasty goodness. Nice hops bitterness sets this brew apart from most of the true Belgian ales I've tried. Definitely a SoCal twist on the style and I like it--a lot. A lot, a lot.

Medium mouthfeel with just a bit of a chew to it. Good carbonation. Dry finish, with the hops bitterness leading the charge in the aftertaste.

I love this beer. Merry the Wonder Beagle went totally bat sh*t crazy over the smell. She howled and whined for a taste and when I gave her a drop, she howled. I'm giving Mischief a BeerGuyPDX rating of 4 crushed cans out of 4 and a Droolie.


No comments:

Post a Comment