Wednesday, October 23, 2013

BridgePort Brewing Company - Hop Harvest Pilsner 2013

Hop it to me.
Happy, hoppy, Humpday! Seriously, isn't Wednesday the best weekday?   It's not Monday, when the work week is just getting started. It's not Friday, when you can't wait for the whistle to blow for the weekend. It's not those other two worthless weekdays, either. Wednesday is just right, and my favorite day to review beer.

Today's new (to me) brew is BridgePort Brewing Company's Hop Harvest Double Fresh Hopped Pilsner. I brought it home in a bomber from New Seasons and it set me back $5.99. ABV is 8.0%, according to the label. The beer is described as a "Northwest spin on a traditional European flavor."

The beer poured into my pilsner glass a clear, golden yellow color with a massive, foamy, white head. The head was more than a finger thick and dissipated at a moderate rate. A thin ring of lacing was eventually left behind.

Aroma was sweet, biscuity malt up front. Citrus hops with floral notes in the background.

Taste was citrus hops, lemon and grapefruit. Mildly bitter. Spicy, grainy, grassy. Just a bit of alcohol warmth. Definitely a Northwest flavor profile, as advertised.

Medium mouthfeel with good carbonation. Dry finish with the bitter hops left on the palate at the end.

Good stuff! I really like this beer. Merry the Wonder Beagle drooled up a giant puddle the entire time I was drinking it. I'm giving Hop Harvest a BeerGuyPDX score of 3 crushed cans out of 4 and a Droolie.


No comments:

Post a Comment