Sunday, September 29, 2013

2 Towns Ciderhouse - Rhubarbarian

Are you stalking to me?
When I was a kid, my Grandma always had rhubarb growing in her summer garden. She made some awesome pies out of those stalks, let me tell you. Rhubarb pie was kind of like the Sour Patch Kids of my generation. Super sweet and massively sour at the same time. Man, what I wouldn't give for a big ol' slice of rhubarb pie RIGHT NOW.

Oh well, it's cold and raining in Portland today. I'm not going outside. I'll just have to make due with some 2 Towns Ciderhouse's Rhubarbarian cider. It's made with rhubarb and apples and comes with a respectable 6.9% ABV.

The cider poured into my Mason jar a clear, sparkling, golden yellow color. No foam to speak of during or after the pour.

Aroma was mildly acrid. Apple and rhubarb. 

Taste followed the nose. This cider really does taste like rhubarb and it gave a nice, solid, sour pucker right up front. Sweet apple followed behind. Great sweet and sour balance to this stuff.

Thin to medium mouthfeel with a good amount of carbonation. Rhubarb flavor sticks around on the palate at the end.

Rhubarbarian lives up to it's name. It would actually go great with a slice of Grandma's rhubarb pie--if Grandma could abide alcohol, which she couldn't. In any case, I'm giving Rhubarbarian a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4. Good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment