Friday, August 16, 2013

Worthy Brewing Company - Gary's No Quit Wit

A quitter never wins
and a winner never quits.
The city of Bend is located in Central Oregon, surrounded by some of the most beautiful natural scenery you'll find anywhere. Bend also has an incredible number of excellent craft breweries within it's city limits. There's some mighty good beer coming out of Bend, Oregon. Absolutely. 

The beer I'm reviewing tonight has quite a story behind it, too. I'll let you read it for yourself here. Nice to see this beer was brewed for such a worthy cause. Worthy Brewing Company's Gary's No Quit Wit is a Belgian-style wheat beer with an ABV of 5%. This is the first beer I've tried from this particular brewery and I'm very impressed.

Gary's No Quit Wit poured into my glass a hazy, pale yellow color. The white head rose up to more than a finger thick and was quite a beauty. It was clumpy, creamy and dissipated slowly. Copious amounts of sudsy, webby lacing was left behind all over the glass.

Aroma was mild citrus and Belgian spices. Floral notes mingled with pleasant, grassy hops.

Taste was lemony citrus backed up by a nice spicy kick. Coriander and clove. Light malt and bready yeast.

Medium mouthfeel with excellent carbonation. Dry finish with the Belgian spices left on the palate.

My wife sampled this wit and said she really like it a lot. This is her kind of beer and she's pretty darn picky. I really liked it, too. Good stuff. I'm giving Gary's No Quit Wit a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 1/2 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment