Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rogue Ales - Rogue Farms Good Chit Pilsner

It's the chit
Blogging is the ultimate vanity. People like me, who really have no business writing, take to the Internet to voice their opinions about anything and everything. Just think of any hobby or activity, no matter how obscure, and you'll find a homegrown blog about it. It's the miracle of this modern age: everyone has the ability to put it out there, whether anyone else cares or not.

Of course, I do it all for me, self-absorbed egomaniac that I am. I started this blog as a way to keep track of the beers I've sampled. It's a database with public access. My goal was to try a different beer everyday and review it. I do believe I have pretty much stayed on track with the beer tasting. Where I've fallen down is on the recording of it. I just don't have the discipline to log 'em all. Slacker!

Tonight's beer is Roque Ales Rogue Farms Good Chit Pilsner. Heh, heh, I like the name. It would be fun to order at a bar...until I drove that truck over the cliff...and I would.

The beer poured into my pint glass (where the hell did I put my pilsner glass?) a slightly hazy, pale yellow color with a bright white, foamy head. The head rose up about an inch high and quickly dissipated. A thin, full cap of lacing was left behind.

Aroma was citrus and grassy hops. Lemony. A pleasant floral smell and a good whiff of malt floated around in the background.

Taste was crisp and clean. Spicy, floral notes. Bready malt and an earthy hops taste balance perfectly.

This is a delicious beer. Medium mouthfeel with great carbonation. The finish was very dry and that great hops taste was left on my palate for a while.

I really like this one. Very refreshing and highly sessionable. I'll be picking up some more when the weather heats up for sure. I'm giving Good Chit Pilsner a BeerGuyPDX rating or 3 1/2 crushed cans out of 4.




No comments:

Post a Comment