Saturday, June 15, 2013

Cascade Lakes Brewing Company - Jefferson Park IPA

Park it on my beer mat...
Took a little trip to Orenco Taphouse on Thursday. The power was out at my house in NE Portland (some yutz crashed his car into a power pole) and I was in no real rush to get home. I was looking for some different new-to-me beers to add to my list. (I've reviewed 212 unique beers since I started this blog!)

One of the best brews I sampled was Cascade Lakes Brewing Company's Jefferson Park IPA. Dirk, one of the owners at Orenco, advised me that it's a single hop IPA--Citra hops, I believe.

The beer was presented in a 16 oz. snifter. It was a hazy, golden orange color with a moderate, sudsy white head. A good amount of lacing was left behind.

The aroma was citrus and pine. Pleasantly fruity. Nothing out of the ordinary for an IPA.

Taste gave a nice bitter citrus sock right up front. Orange and tangerine. Some hints of tropical fruit with a surprising spiciness in the background. Not a massive hop bomb. The bitter hops zing trailed off and a well-rounded, robust malt flavor remained on the palate. I believe the ABV was at 6.4%. There wasn't any alcohol taste that I could discern.

Medium mouthfeel with good carbonation. There was a creamy, slightly oily finish that I actually really liked. Left a tasty flavor coating behind. Good stuff! Wish I could find this beer on tap everywhere.

I'm giving Jefferson Park IPA a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment