Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Boneyard Beer Company - Nefarious IIPA

Smooth criminal.
Boneyard Beer Company in Bend, Oregon puts out some big, bold brews. Good stuff and I have yet to try a Boneyard beer that I didn't like. I found Nefarious Imperial IPA on tap at Apex. A little, bitty 6 oz. glass for $5.00. Now, I'm not one for sipping beer out of a wimpy lil' wine glass, all dainty-like, with my pinky in the air. That's not my style, but hey, I'm totally comfortable with my wimpy side. Nevertheless, with a name like Nefarious, I just had to give it a try.

The beer was dropped off on the bar mat a hazy, orange amber color with a tiny white, foamy head--hey, it was a tiny glass. The head dissipated quickly but a decent amount of lacing was left behind.

Aroma was a big snoot full of tropical fruit and citrus.

Taste followed the nose. Grapefruit, tangerine and pineapple. Sweet malt in the background. Mildly bitter hops gave a parting note to each sip.

Medium mouthfeel with good carbonation. Just a little touch of alcohol bite to the finish of this 10.5% ABV beer.

Tasty and not at all dainty! I would have really liked it more in a full-sized pint glass. Still, I'm giving Nefarious a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 1/2 crushed cans out of 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment