Friday, May 24, 2013

GoodLife Brewing Company - Sweet As! Pacific Ale

Was praying they didn't
forget a letter...
It's Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday! Long weekend Friday! I don't care that it's raining like a motherflubber. I'm not working for three days! Well, okay, I have to work a little bit tomorrow...and Sunday, too...but other than that... Oh, crap, I probably have to squeeze in some work on Monday, too... Well, at least I have a fridge full of beer!

I pulled out a cold can of GoodLife Brewing Company's Sweet As! Pacific Ale and popped that sucker open as soon as I got home from the office. It's a wheat beer brewed with Pacifica and Galaxy hops and comes with an ABV of 6.0%.

The beer poured from 12 oz. can into my 12 oz. glass a hazy golden color with a bubbly, white head. The head rose up to about a 1/2 inch tall and quickly dissipated. A thin cap of lacing was left behind.

Aroma was big on citrus hops: grapefruit. There was also a heavy presence of sweet tropical fruit: pineapple and mango. A spicy, herbal smell lingered in the background.

Taste was tropical and stone fruit. Interesting that the citrus that was some prominent in the nose took a backseat in the flavor. Spicy, slightly bitter hops zing is left on the palate in the finish, which is particularly dry.

Medium mouthfeel with a good amount of carbonation.

Again, I find myself drinking a beer that would most absolutely be a very refreshing summer brew on a rainy Portland day. I must remember to have a few of these when the weather is more appropriate. Nevertheless, this is a tasty beer and I'm giving it a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4. No reaction from the Wonder Beagle noted.



No comments:

Post a Comment