Monday, May 6, 2013

Full Sail Brewing Company - LTD Series 04 Pale Bock

Not your father's LTD...
Lord, lordy, lordy, what a Monday! The trains weren't running this morning so I had to take three different buses to get to work. I was also a beautiful, sunny day in Portland and surrounding environs, making it all the more difficult to sit around in the recirculated air of the cube farm. By the time I got home, I was ready for a beer.

Gratefully, I always have at least a couple of cold ones in the fridge. Yes, I often forget to pay the electric bill, clean the rain gutters and put gas in the car, but I never forget to stock up on beer. It's like my superpower.

The first brew I pulled out of the Kenmore was a Full Sail LTD (Limited Edition) Series Number 04 Pale Bock. It's a lager with an ABV of 7.0%.

The beer poured from 12 oz, bottle to glass a clear golden amber color with bright white, bubbly head. The head came to about a 1/2 inch tall and quickly dissipated. A thin cap of lacing was left behind.

Aroma was bready malt and light, grassy hops. A very subtle smell of lemon and stone fruit in the background.

Taste was earthy malt and mildly bitter hops. Lemon and cereal. No alcohol detected at all.

Medium mouthfeel with good carbonation. Crisp, clean finish with just a bit of hops bitterness hanging on at the end.

The warm weather often has me reaching for a palate-friendly lager. No thick, syrupy, tonsil-coaters. I need a beer that can quench my thirst and clear the dust from the back of my throat. This beer appears quite able to handle that task.

I'm giving this on a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment