Monday, May 27, 2013

Free Will Brewing Company - Rapunzel Ale

NOT brewed with hair.
Here's another East Coast beer that I got in trade. Another good deal for me. (Thanks! You know who you are.) Not much information was to be found on the label of this beer. No mention of the style, ABV or anything. What is it? What's in it? A mystery pour! 

The beer poured from the 12 oz. bottle into my glass a hazy, golden orange color. The off-white head was more than a finger thick and dissipated at a moderate rate. A good amount of suds was left behind, coating the inside of the glass with webby lacing.

Aroma was citrus and floral hops with a prominent smell of Belgian spices in the background. Hey, it's a Saison!

Taste followed the nose. Belgian spice and a hint of stone fruit. Tangerine and lemon. Mild bitter hops.

Medium mouthfeel with good carbonation. The finish was dry with a pleasant maltiness mingling with the spice.

I'm not sure why they named this stuff Rapunzel Ale. I didn't find a single hair in it. It's a pretty decent farmhouse ale that I wouldn't mind drinking again. I'm giving Rapunzel a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out or 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment