Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Base Camp Brewing Company - Northwest Fest

Now, that's a pretty pour.
I dropped by Base Camp Brewing's tasting room the other day after dropping the kid off at work. Hey, I did a good deed, so I deserved a beer. Yeah, yeah, I know--I think I deserve a beer for everything I do. Thank God my hobby isn't collecting diamonds or something.

I bellied up to the bar and ordered a Northwest Fest, mainly because it was new to me. The description on Base Camp's website says it's a Bavarian-style fest bier with an ABV of 5.6%

The lager was delivered to my beer mat a slightly hazy copper color in a tall pilsner glass. The bright white head was a finger thick and dissipated at a moderate rate. An appreciable cap of lacing was left behind. It certainly was an attractive beer, standing there all stately--like a Bavarian king.

Aroma was bready malt with floral and citrus hops in the background.

Taste was pleasant, biscuity, toasted malt on the initial uptake. Some caramel sweetness, but not too sweet. A nice, mildly bitter hops flavor in there, too.

Medium mouthfeel with good carbonation. Slightly dry finish. Good hops and malt balance to the stuff. I like it.

I'm giving Northwest Fest a very respectable BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment