Thursday, April 11, 2013

Fort George Brewery - Tender Loving Empire NWPA

Love Me Tender...
Oh, boy! I'm flying to San Diego for a sweet vacation tomorrow morning. The plane leaves at 6AM, so I should probably pack...and go to bed early...but here I am drinking a beer. Hey, it's what I do. Picasso painted pictures of three-eyed people, Thoreau wrote about his pond ponderings, I chug craft beer.

I picked up a can of Fort George Tender Loving Empire NWPA at New Seasons on the way home from work. No, I didn't just stop for the beer. We needed milk or something, too.

The beer poured into my tulip pint glass a very hazy golden orange color. The white head rose up to a finger thick and quickly dissipated to thin cap of lacing.

Aroma was straight up citrus hops with mild pine notes in the background.

Taste follows the nose with a big bitter sting of pine and citrus hops. Orange and tangerine. Sweet caramel malt rolls around on the palate as an aftertaste.

Medium to slightly full mouthfeel. Finish is dry with a spicy, earthy rye bite right at the end.

Fort George Brewery has yet to disappoint my tastebuds. This is a damn good Northwest Pale Ale. No wimpy scrimping on the big, bold ingredients. No sir. I like it. I'm giving Tender Loving Empire a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 1/2 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment