Friday, March 1, 2013

pFriem Family Brewers - Wit

Can't think of a "Wit-y" comment
It was our first second anniversary yesterday, so the I took my lady out to dinner. Wait... What the hell is a "first second" anniversary, you ask? Let me s'plain it to you, Lucy.

Right before our actual, real wedding, I took my love to a bed and breakfast on the coast for a little de-stress holiday. I got the bright idea that it would be romantic to exchange our vows while overlooking the ocean, so we did, and it was. What I didn't consider was how women think about such things. You probably see this coming--I did not. Yes, we now celebrate TWO wedding anniversaries: the real one and the romantic one. Yesterday was the romantic.

The restaurant had pFriem Family Brewers Wit on tap. I was really impressed with their Belgian Imperial Stout that I tried recently. Damn good stuff. I was kind of excited to sample their Wit, and I wasn't disappointed.

The beer was presented a slightly hazy, bright straw color with a bright white head. The head dissipated quickly and left a thin cap of lacing behind.

Aroma is Belgian spicy. Pleasing citrus aroma with some hints of apple and pear.

Taste is crisp and clean. Light citrus with Belgian spice and yeast. There are nice bread and malt notes in the background. Finish is slightly dry.

Delicious, highly drinkable wit and I would order it again anytime. Good stuff. I'm giving this wit a respectable BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment