Friday, March 1, 2013

Alameda Brewing Company - Bad Bunny Imperial Cream Ale (Nitro Tap)

Somebody's been very bad...
One thing I like about Bailey's Taproom--make that two things--is that they will let you taste anything they have on tap, and they have 10 oz. glasses. The 10 oz. glass is awesome because with so many big ABV beers on tap, a few full pints could literally kick your ass to the curb--and you don't want to be out on the curb at Broadway and Burnside. Noooo way. I'm just sayin'.

My second beer of the afternoon was Bad Bunny Imperial Cream Ale. I've had this beer before, but never poured from a nitro tap. Just look at that purdy lil' beer. Is that an awesome head, or what?

The beer was slid in front of me a slightly hazy, light gold color with a thick, ample white head. The head stuck around for a while and left a good layer of frothy lacing behind.

Aroma is sweet malt with a swirly fruit bowl of smells in the background. Banana, tangerine, apple, pear and pineapple. There's also a noticeable booziness to the beer. Could have something to do with the 8.2% ABV.

Taste follows the nose with all those sweet fruit flavors and malt. There's a very pleasant creaminess to the finish.

Interesting, this beer reminds me of a heavy hitting, alcohol fortified malt liquor. Don't get me wrong, there's no cheapness attached to this one. It's like malt liquor that's several steps above your average denizen of that remote section of the cold case.

Medium mouthfeel and decent carbonation.

I certainly couldn't drink this beer everyday, but it's great for what it is. Don't go expecting a "session" brew and you'll be fine.

I really like this beer and it's great on a nitro tap. I'm giving Bad Bunny a BeerGuyPDX score of 4 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment