Sunday, February 17, 2013

Three Creeks Brewing Company - Raptor Rye IPA

Yup...they put a bird on it.

Times are getting tough, what with the Fiscal Cliff business and all. Yeah, supposedly the big fight was about raising taxes on the rich and cutting spending or not raising taxes or not cutting spending. Whatever. I knew the end result of all that wacky political wrangling would be middle class working stiffs like me taking it in the shorts. Sure 'nuff, my paycheck was down by about 80 bucks last week. That's going to seriously cut into my beer money fund. 

The lower amount of change in my pocket has brought me to--get this--shopping for bargains. I know, right? A perusal of the interwebs landed me at the New Seasons weekly flyer. Wow, they had a rye IPA on sale for $3.79: Three Creeks Raptor Rye IPA. Deal!

The beer poured into my pint glass a clear, dark orange color with a one inch off-white head. The head was clumpy and creamy and left a significant amount of sudsy lacing behind in the  glass when it dissipated.

Aroma is straight up citrus hops. Very light floral notes in the background.

Taste is citrus: grapefruit and orange. The flavor drops right off to a dry finish. Not a great deal of complexity and not much left on the palate there at the end.

Medium mouthfeel with a subtle creaminess during the drink. Nice carbonation.

Good stuff. I like this one. It's very drinkable. 6.2% ABV and there is zero noticeable alcohol taste. I'm giving Raptor Rye a BeerGuyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4.


Merry the Wonder Beagle produced a significant amount of drool for this beer, I must add. Raptor Rye gets the first Droolie award.


No comments:

Post a Comment