Sunday, February 24, 2013

Rusty Truck Brewing Company - Pedal to the Metal IIPA

I can't drive 55.
I found this brew on tap at Bailey's Taproom yesterday. My boy was in town to watch the UFC fights with me and we had to stop somewhere for a beer...or two.

The first beer to hit my coaster was a Pedal to the Metal Imperial IPA by Rusty Truck Brewing Company in Lincoln City, Oregon. Now, one thing you should know about me is that I am a huge fan of Northwest IPA's. Love me a good IPA, so what could possibly be better? How about a double IPA?

Pedal to the Metal was presented in a 10 oz. glass (I went small to start off--moderation means more beers) a slightly hazy, bright orange color with a creamy, foamy, white head that lasted a good long time. An appreciable amount of lacing stuck around until the last drop was drunk.

Aroma was big on citrus and piney hops. Sweet caramel malt and floral scents floated around in the background.

Taste is grapefruit and orange, with a big, bitter hop sting. Lots of pine notes seeping through the backdoor. I didn't get the ABV off the board, but I didn't pick up any significant alcohol sting from this beer. This beer doesn't scrimp on flavor, that's for sure.

Mouthfeel is medium to slightly full. Good carbonation and a creamy finish.

This is a fine IIPA. I was wishing I had gone with the 22 oz. glass. Good stuff. Pedal to the Metal deserves a BeerGuyPDX rating of 4 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment