Thursday, February 21, 2013

pFriem Family Brewers - Belgian Imperial Stout

It's pFreaking delicious...
Stopped in at Bailey's Taproom for a few brews the other day. Bailey's Taproom is a beer geek's paradise, absolutely. The minute you step through the door, you know there's some serious beer drinking going on. They have taps galore, all pouring some of the most sought after and awesome craft beers to be found anywhere.

On this trip, I got myself a pFriem Belgian Imperial Stout. 11.0% ABV according to the DigitalPour big screen mounted behind the bar.

The beer was presented to me in a little snifter. It was pitch black in color and had the most attractive mocha head. Just look at the photo. That's the actual beer I drank. The head was frothy, creamy and took a while to dissipate. My 'stache got a good coating and a good amount of lacing was left behind throughout the entire drink.

Aroma was big and boozy. Chocolate with hints of dark fruit. Fig, raisin and ripe cherries.

Taste follows the nose. Belgian yeast and spices with chocolate and toffee backing it up. You can definitely taste the booze, especially as the beer warms up a bit. This is some wonderful stuff.

Medium to full mouthfeel with a pleasant, slightly bitter finish.

This is the first beer I've tried from this Hood River brewer and I intent to seek out more of their wares. I'm also giving this Belgian Imperial Stout a BeerGuyPDX rating of 4 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment