Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lazy Boy Brewing - IPA

Lazy Boy? I'm calling image
enfringement...

I brought a few bombers of local Washington brews back with me from my trip to Seattle. First, let me just say that the good folks in the state above us are getting royally SCREWED on the liquor prices. Gawd damn! Second, I sure am thankful for the ZERO sales tax here in Oregon and the low, low beer prices, I'm just sayin'.

Lazy Boy Brewing's IPA poured into my pint glass a dark, copper/amber color. The off-white head only came up at about a 1/4 of an inch and that was with some serious sloshing. The head dissipated quickly but left lacing behind that lasted the entire time I sipped and chugged.

The aroma isn't like a typical IPA. Light citrus and floral with some sweet malt in the background. 

Taste brings hop bitterness up front with malt in the back. A mild, spicy, peppery flavor lingers on the palate with a creamy finish.

Medium mouthfeel with appropriate carbonation.

Merry the Wonder Beagle sure went crazy for this beer. When she caught a whiff of the stuff from across the room, she actually barked at me. It's been a while since I had an IPA and it is definitely the dog's favorite beer style. Those fragrant hops just make her go nuts.

Not the most jaw-droppingly awesome IPA I've ever had. It's drinkable, though. Not at all skunky or funky. I'd give it a 2 rating, but the Beerhound's reaction ups the ante. I'm awarding Lazy Boy IPA a Big Dumb Galoot score of 3 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment