Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lagunitas Brewing Co. - Hop Stoopid Ale

Stoopid is as stoopid does.

Few beers get Merry the Wonder Beagle's drool flowin' quite like those brewed by Lagunitas. I've posted before about my hop-lovin' dog. Big hoppy brews set her to drooling--long, viscous tendrils of disgusting doggy drool. Lagunitas beers are unique because the pooch can actually smell the hops through the unopened bottle. All I have to do is wave the capped bomber toward the dogs sniffer and she goes nuts.

Hey, I'm mighty fond of Lagunitas beer, too. Tonight, I pulled a bottle of Hop Stoopid Ale out of the fridge. It's an Imperial IPA with an impressive 102 IBU's and an ABV at 8%.

The beer poured into my Lagunitas Mason jar a clear golden orange color. The creamy white head came up a full inch thick and dissipated slowly.

Aroma is citrus and resinous pine. Grapefruit and orange, with a spicy, bready, almost funky smell way in the background that says, "I'm a badass, watchout!"

Taste follows the nose with a big sting of citrus hops flavor. There's a sweet maltiness lingering behind once your tastebuds recover from the initial zing. No alcohol burn in spite of the high ABV.

Medium mouthfeel with good carbonation.

I love drinking this stuff almost as much as the Wonder Beagle loves smelling it. I only paid $3.96 for the 22 oz. bomber, too. That's really hard to beat. I'm giving Hop Stoopid a Big Dumb Galoot ratng of 4 crushed cans out of 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment