Sunday, February 17, 2013

Green Flash Brewing Company - Palate Wrecker IIPA

I just gotta get a better camera...

For my second beer of the evening at Bottles, I chose the brew off their taplist with the highest ABV, 'cuz that's how I roll. 

The beer presented in a 10 oz tulip a bright orange color with a 1/2 inch of thick, white head. The head dissipated quickly but left a copious amount of lacing behind.

The aroma of this beer was not a challenge for my olfactory impairment at all. Yow! That's a big smell! Hops and more hops. Heavy hit of citrus and pine. There are also very distinctive herbal notes in the nose.

The taste of this beer is literally like a sock to the jaw. It's hop bitterness above stinging hop bitterness. Big flavors of grapefruit and tangerine There's just a little bit of a skunkiness hanging around in the background, but not in a bad way. Palate Wrecker also delivers a very herbal, spicy, peppery finish. Nice!

Uh, if you don't like hops, don't drink this beer. I imagine the brewer went completely mad scientist one day and decided to create a monster. I'd love to know the story behind its creation. With all its heavy-handed stopping power, the complexity of this IIPA is amazing. Dang, I had a good night. Palate Wrecker gets a perfect rating of 4 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment