Sunday, February 17, 2013

Gigantic Brewing Company - The Time Traveler Beer

Better than a Delorean...

I guess this beer was recently released by Gigantic. I really had no idea what style of beer it was when I pulled it out of the cold case. This brewery has managed to hit a homer with every one of their beers I've tried so far. I'm not quite as excited as I was whenever a new Beatles album came out, but almost. I really look forward to any new brew from these folks.

The label is kind of busy, with really tiny print, so I didn't have any clue as to what kind of beer I was about drink, until I popped the cap. Hey! It's a porter! ABV is 5.8%. That was big enough to read on the label.

The beer poured into my pint glass from the 22 oz. bomber a very dark brown/black color. The mocha head was minimal and dissipated quickly, leaving just a thin span of lacing around the edges.

Aroma is coffee and cocoa with roasted dark malt in the background.

Taste is bitter chocolate and strong coffee. There's also a hint of vanilla.

Medium mouthfeel with nice carbonation on the tongue.

Not a what I would call a particularly complex beer, but I like it.  A nice coffee taste is left sitting on the palate after a sip or two.

A good effort, but not a homerun this time. I'm giving The Time Traveler a BeerguyPDX rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment