Sunday, February 17, 2013

Fearless Brewing Company - Mjolnir IIPA

Get hammered with this IIPA

I previously posted about my IPA loving beagle, Merry. The dog loves a big hoppy beer, and her olfactory superpowers are quite particular. She ignores crap brew, but has a connoisseur's  taste for fine craft beer. Fearless Mjolnir got more of a reaction from the pooch than any other in recent memory. She was so excited by this beer, she tried to bully me into giving her some. Seriously, she was right up in my face, drooling all over my lap. She would have snatched the glass away from me, if she had opposable thumbs.

The dog literally pitched a fit when I finished the last gulp in front of her. Man, was that little mutt pissed. She stomped off and shot me the stinkeye from across the room. I'm going to make sure the bedroom door is tightly shut before I go to sleep tonight. Not kidding.

The beer poured from the pint-size can into my goblet a deep orange color. The off-white head was a full inch thick with nice, creamy-looking clumps. The head lasted forever and left copious amounts of lacing behind.

Aroma was of citrus and pine, with nice floral and malt notes. Taste was wonderfully complex. Orange and grapefruit with a creamy, bready, butterscotch flavor backing it up. There's a spicy, peppery note that's followed by just the right amount of bitterness. Fantastic. There are so many flavors floating around in there, my mouth is doing a happy dance. I'm feeling very guilty for not giving the Wonder Beagle a little taste. Selfish bastard, I am.

With an ABV of 6.9%, I was expecting more of a boozy hit, but there's no alcohol sting to this beer. The subtle flavors come shining through and it's very drinkable. I like it! Fearless Mjolnir gets a score of 4 crushed cans out of 4...and a howl from the beagle. That's about as perfect a rating as a beer can get around here.


No comments:

Post a Comment