Sunday, February 17, 2013

Double Mountain Brewery - Fa La La La La

Make no cracks about the
apparel I don.

Another day, another winter warmer for me to review. Man, life is rough. I don't know how I get by sometimes, I really don't.

My current chore is drinking a pint of Double Mountain's Fa La La La La Winter Ale. I bought the bottle at 1856, a cool little bottleshop here in my NE Portland, Oregon neighborhood. If you haven't stopped in yet, I recommend that you do.

Double Mountain makes some fantastic beers and I really had my hopes up for this one. I'm happy to report that I was not disappointed.

The beer poured into my goblet a dark orange, copper color with a thick white head. The foam dissipated slowly and I had a full 1/4 inch head of frothy suds in the glass the entire time I was drinking the beer.

Aroma is sweet malt with pine and citrus hops. There's a slight grassy, earthy note. Nice.

Taste is big bitter hops up front. Grapefruit and orange. Sweet, caramel malt in the background. Medium mouthfeel with decent carbonation. The finish is creamy with just a hint of alcohol sting, which is surprising given the 7.5% ABV.

I could drink this beer all day. Unfortunately, there was only one bottle left in the cold case--and I got it. Sorry, losers. I'm giving Fa La La La La a perfect Big Dumb Galoot rating of 4 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment