Sunday, February 17, 2013

Captured by Porches - Rebecca's Divine Wit

Divinely inspired?

I've been drinking quite a few wheat beers lately. It's the only beer my wife will drink and she's been quite a trooper putting up with all of my recent beer-related adventures. I picked up a bottle of Captured by Porches Rebecca's Divine Wit the other day. I figured we could drink it together while she watched "Real Housewives of New Jersey". Seemed like a reasonable compromise to me. She doesn't really like beer...I absolutely loath reality TV.

I poured from the 750 ml bottle into a 12 oz. goblet. My wife got a small whiskey glass because there was a 50/50 chance she wouldn't drink any of it, and I'm not one for wasting perfectly good beer.

The color was a very pale, hazy yellow. The beer is unfiltered and I could see a few bits of yeast floating around in there. The bottle got a bit jostled on the trip home from the store, so the yeast at the bottom of the bottle was disturbed. No biggie.

The head was thick, white and quite foamy. A considerable amount of lacing was left behind. The aroma is light citrus and spice. The taste is also quite mild. Light spice and wheat. My wife really didn't care for it. She said it was "okay" but only took a few sips. I found it to be quite drinkable. Rather sour, but I'm wondering if I got more of a pucker because of the yeast getting all shaken up. I should have let it sit upright in the fridge for a day.

All in all, a decent wit, but it won't be making it's way back into my fridge again due to the lack of enthusiasm it inspired in my lady's tastebuds. I'm giving Rebecca's Divine Wit 2 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment