Sunday, February 17, 2013

Boneyard Beer Company - Suge Knite Imperial Stout

Suge is the one on the left...

Took my son out drinking before trucking him down to Eugene, OR for college (He's over 21, jeesh) and we ended up at Fifteenth Avenue Hophouse. The kid ordered Upright's Todo Modo, a light, straw-colored beer with an ABV of 3.3%. Perfect for him. I opted for the brew with the biggest ABV on the board--the 14% Suge Knite Imperial Stout by Boneyard. 14%? My gawd, that's some potency right there.

The beer was brought to the table a deep, dark black color with a creamy tan head. The head faded away quickly and left a moderate amount of lacing behind on the snifter.

Aroma is roasted malt and dark, over-ripe fruit. Licorice, brown sugar and booze in the background.

Taste is dark chocolate and molasses. Smokey oak and a definite liquor bite. Port wine and an interesting meatiness in the background. Not too sweet and I'd love to pair this beer with a thick slab of top sirloin.

Surprisingly easy to drink in spite of the big ABV. This beer really is a badass gangsta. I could imagine getting into some serious trouble after knocking back a few of these. Delicious stuff and I couldn't find a flaw. I'm giving Suge Knite a Big Dumb Galoot rating of 4 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment