Sunday, February 17, 2013

Boneyard Beer Company - RPM IPA

All revved up...

It's payday date night! That means me and the missus go out for dinner and spend about an hour or so across the table from each other saying, "I don't know, what do you want to do?"

I don't know, what do YOU want to do?"

So on and so forth and then we usually trundle home and go to bed--and that's for sleepin'. Hey, BeerGuyPDX isn't as young as he used to be.

Gratefully, our neighborhood bar has some pretty damn good beer on tap. I got myself a Boneyard RPM IPA.

The beer was presented in a shaker pint a hazy, golden orange with a teenie weenie white head. See photo. The beer was over-poured. The minimal head disappeared and left a minimal amount of lacing behind.

Aroma is citrus hops and pine with floral and tropical fruit notes in the background.

Taste is grapefruit right up front with bready malt in the finish. Nice bitter zing with just a touch of funkiness in the back.

Medium mouthfeel with good carbonation. A pleasant creaminess is left on the palate.

This is a very drinkable beer with a lot of character. If you like big hop bombs, this one is for you. I DO like big hop bombs, so this IPA gets a top spot on my list. I'd drink one of these anytime, anywhere. RPM IPA gets a BeerguyPDX rating of 4 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment