Sunday, February 17, 2013

21st Amendment Brewery - Brew Free or Die IPA

Patriotism in a can...

As I mentioned in my previous review, I stocked up on some scratch 'n' dent beers at Whole Foods today. One was Brew Free or Die IPA from 21st Amendment Brewery.

I like buying beer in cans--even slightly dented ones. Cans are easier to stack and store in the fridge, chill faster and take up less room (and weight) in the recycling bin.

This IPA poured into my pint glass a clear, pale orange color. The white head was quite ample and left a significant amount of lacing from rim to rim.

The aroma was citrus hops and sweet caramel malt. Orange, grapefruit and tropical fruits.

Taste is bona fide, IPA: Hops bitterness right up front. Citrus. There's just a hint of astringency followed by a creamy, maltiness. Medium mouthfeel.

Brew Free or Die is a decent, drinkable IPA. I certainly wouldn't turn down a can, even if it had a giant-ass dent. I'm giving this beer a Big Dumb Galoot rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment