Sunday, February 17, 2013

10 Barrel Brewing Company - S1nist0r Black Ale

Back in Black

Man, I'm a slacker. I'm way behind posting beer reviews. I gotta get crackin'!

I was watching the season finale of Sons of Anarchy and needed a badass beer to go with the show. I searched through the fridge and came out with a bomber of 10 Barrel Brewing's S1nist0r Black Ale. Well, the name fit.

The beer poured into my pint glass a dark, dark brown to black color. The mocha head was quite prodigious and dissipated slowly. My favorite TV biker gang killed at least half a dozen people before it finally faded into lacing.

The aroma was of brown sugar and dark malt. Slight floral and fruit notes in the background.

Taste is roasted malt and bitter chocolate. There's a nice earthy flavor, light hops with a dry finish. The flavors seemed more well-rounded as the beer warmed up.

Medium mouthfeel with light carbonation. Very drinkable beer, I must say. Not particularly sinister, though. Nevertheless, I like it and would certainly buy it again, especially at the very decent price I paid for the bomber at Grocery Outlet. I'm giving S1nist0r Black Ale a Big Dumb Galoot rating of 3 crushed cans out of 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment