Sunday, February 17, 2013

10 Barrel Brewing Company - Pray for Snow

Let us pray...

If you've never been to Grocery Outlet--or as my wife calls it "The Used Food Store"--you're missing out on some decent beer prices. They have A TON of beer, and while they aren't exactly giving the stuff away, a cartload of brewskis is a helluva lot easier on your wallet at Grocery Outlet than your local supermarket.

I picked up two bombers of two different 10 Barrel Brewing Co's beers, along with a few other brands, at Grocery Outlet last weekend. I was most excited to try Pray for Snow and I wasn't disappointed.

The beer poured into my pint glass a slightly cloudy deep amber color. The off-white head came in at about a finger thick and dissipated slowly to a significant amount of sudsy lacing from rim to rim.

The aroma is primarily malt with some faint ripe fruit in the background. This one is fairly light on the nose.

The taste comes in with some nice bitter hops, sweet malt and some light spice notes. The hops linger on the palate with a very pleasant creaminess. No noticeable alcohol sting to this 7% ABV winter warmer. It's surprisingly smooth.

I really like this beer. Truthfully, while I enjoy a big banging winter beer, I wouldn't want to drink many of them year round. Pray for Snow would be equally welcome in my fridge in July as it is in December. That would require a lot of snow praying, but well worth it.

I'm giving Pray for Snow a Big Dumb Galoot rating of 4 crushed cans out of 4. A perfect score.


No comments:

Post a Comment